Investors looking to maximise their returns in Asia are increasingly turning to the markets in Hong Kong and Singapore, it has been reported. The latest Colliers International Global Investor Sentiment Survey for the third quarter of 2010 has highlighted the growing popularity of the two destinations.
The survey found 70 per cent of the investors are only interested in their own domestic market when looking to expand their real-estate portfolio. The remaining 30 per cent of investors indicated that, outside their own countries, Singapore and Hong Kong were their top targets.
Colliers added that the strong interest in Singapore was no surprise as the destination benefits from a stable economy and conducive business environment. In addition, the property consultants found that confidence among investors has risen during the third quarter of 2010.
According to the Knight Frank Global House Price Index, the global real estate market recovery continues to be led by countries located in Asia.
On average, house prices in the region climbed by 14 per cent over the course of the past year, the organisation said.
- Wednesday 10 November 2010